Sunday, September 14, 2014

More More Followers

NASA-Running out of this world - Taringa!
More More Followers
Exercise aboard the International Space Station is crucial, but also more difficult scott adkins than it seems. NASA is preparing to send a new treadmill or walking to facilitate the exercise routine astronauts. June 15, 2009: Astronauts on the International Space Station scott adkins (ISS) will receive a new toy the month of August: a belt (treadmill or walking). The unit is named after a famous comedian Stephen Colbert1, and help astronauts stay fit and fight bone loss and deterioration muscular2 that otherwise occur as a result of space travel. Only one problem: How do you run a place where there is no gravity to help keep your feet on the ground? "Elastic ropes! Need strapped to the belt," explains astronaut Sunita "Suni" Williams. And no jokes. In 2007, she ran the Boston Marathon from the space station on the TVIS tape. It was subject to it with elastic ropes in all the 42.2 km (26.2 miles) race. "Not as bad as it sounds," he laughs.
Suni Williams secured with elastic tape to the TVIS, located on board the International Space Station ropes. TVIS is the acronym in English of "Treadmill with Vibration Isolation System" (in Spanish: Ribbon with Vibration Isolation System). This is the tape that was originally installed on the station, designed to allow astronauts to perform your exercise routine without vibrating delicate microgravity science scott adkins experiments that are in adjacent labs. COLBERT, short for "Combined Operational Load Bearing External Resistance Treadmill" (in Spanish: Combined Ribbon with Operational Support Charge and External Resistance), has a system of vibration suppression different over as many improvements3 for runners: "I got to try a simulation model COLBERT at Johnson Space Center, scott adkins "says Williams. "It's wider than TVIS, so do not have to watch where your feet. Lets go with, wider, more natural step." Williams spent much time running within six months of his stay aboard scott adkins the ISS, and recalls how: Preparing for a run and exercise when you have no weight. Before my training at the station, I had to hook the fingers of one of my feet to a handrail to keep from floating while I put my sock and shoe on the other foot. "" I did this so often that I have calluses on instep. Meanwhile, the calluses on the soles of my feet, which were formed by running on Earth disappeared. scott adkins Everything is upside down! "She laughs.'s Bungee harness tape" can be a little uncomfortable, "he continues." During the marathon, my feet sometimes go numb and tingly due to the pressure of the ropes on my hip. Also, I had to use padding on the site where the harness rubbed of my neck. "And, in the silent, enclosed spaces of the station, there is gentle scott adkins breezes to cool." Sweat drips on your body shape . It does not evaporate. I was soaked. During the marathon, my hair was so wet that was stuck in my face. We have young fans but do little. "And Williams missed more than the gentle winds of Earth." On Earth, the crowd cheers and one enjoys the camaraderie and support from the other riders. In space, it's a little more lonely. I was alone for most of the race. My shipmates encouraged me during the last half hour, until the end. That was great! "" Also, one of the Soyuz astronauts floated scott adkins toward me sweet and juicy orange pieces so refreshing! "
The official patch for "COLBERT", the "Combined Operational tape with charging cradle and external resistance", scheduled to be sent to the space station aboard the shuttle scott adkins Discovery in early August 2009 after the grueling race, Williams wanted take a hot shower. "A sponge bath just was not the same!" He says. Neither had a washing machine and dryer to clean your clothes soaked in sweat sportswear. "I had to hang my wet clothes near a fan and tied my sneakers to a handrail to air them." Williams is the only person to have run the Boston Marathon on Earth and in space --and noticed some interesting differences: "I recovered more quickly after the space marathon when you're floating.

No comments:

Post a Comment